Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Print..

Yesterday was the first day of the print module. We are doing monoprint and drypoint in the two weeks and im looking forward to trying both out. In semester one I experimented with print doind a woodcut and a couple of monoprints. So today it wasnt all new to me down in the workshop. Ive decided to stick to my old theme of 'movement' within the urban enviornment but im going to expand it further by incorporating more elements of the movement of feet within the space around me. Today I started with monoprint..because I had some idea what I was doing and I was happy with one of them. It was suggested that I print onto wallpaper...so thats what I will be doing thursday morning hopefully :) Ive started my contextual research today which has helped me decide on imagery.


Converse sketch which gave me the idea to draw my own converse for my journal.

Converse advertisement which I sparked the idea to expand on my previous idea of movement of the feet in semester one and use the movement of feet in different settings within a space. I also like the composition of this piece,id like to use this image as a sarting point and change it to make it my own. I tested this image out roughly in a monoprint today in the print stdio and I was happy with the result,althuogh it still needs work.

STREET DANCE!!

In semester one I mainly focused on the movement of people on the streets of Limerick city. While I want to continue with the movement of people I want to incorporate different elements of movement..including street dance. I like how the body makes a definate shape and a clear line which I think would work well in my prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment