Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Introduction to lithography!

This week we were introducted to the process involved in lithography! Monday began with showing us how to grind down our stones - very theraputic :) I was meant to grind my stone down to be ready to start on my image tuesday morning but the queue was very long so I didnt get that done until yesterday after break! So i am kind of behind..but I talked to des yesterday evening so i know what image im starting on first thing in the morning! Im still sticking to my idea of the burqa but im going to combine it with the idea of missing person on a milk carton! It needs more development at the moment though..i need to draw out my idea! Lithography takes a lot longer than any of the print processes i have done before. Drypoint,mono and woodblocks are a lot quicker. Litho has a lot of steps to it which will make is it hard to get used to but the faster I get started now the better! Ilike how lithography turns out..its very soft and looks slightly like watercolour which suits my sketches. Im looking forward to getting started on it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment