Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Introduction of the Celebrity

Through research and contextual development todays culture is something which I wanted to experiment with in my development of the project.
 

The introduction of the Celebrity figure - female figure - became of pivotal importance in my work. It allowed me to manipulate imagery which surrounds us everyday and subsequently allows us to divulge into my ideas and thoughts on this topic.

While I wanted to imagery to have a contemporary outlook of female celebrity culture, it was important that the images didn't become too literal.
 

I wanted to use controversial imagery which have been in the public eye - using female celebrities who are known for their provocative nature and use of their body. 

Robin Thicke - Music Video - Blurred Lines
Controversial in 2013 for use of women in an erotic nature within his video.
The video subsequently got banned soon after release from the likes of  MTV and YouTube.



Photo shoots by Terry Richardson - Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Miley Cyrus - again under scrutiny from the public in 2013 for their erotic and explicit poses.
 
Photoshop work layering popular celebrity images on top of each other. Application of noise and pixilation was intentional - a direct comment on advertising techniques.




 

 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment