Tuesday, January 14, 2014

 
 
 
Fabric Sketchbook:
As part off my sketchbook research and development of ideas I created a fabric sketchbook which acted as a source of  experimentation within my studio practice. The images were applied to plain cotton fabric.
 
 

 
These images were then manipulated using paint, ink, glitter and pastel. I used found imagery as the basis for my image making but cut and paste them in order to create my own compositions. 
 
 
These images were later further developed through digital drawing on a larger scale.
 
 
 
Digital drawings: 
 
Using the drawing tablet in multimedia and photoshop I was able to draw directly onto my found imagery using fine line detail.


 
The outcome of the drawings added an element of delicacy to the images which is something I would like to further develop through screen printing or digital collage.




 
These images are  A3 in size and were printed on photo matt paper. As a series I have picked four which I think were most successful compositionally.


 

 


 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment